Microsoft has released updated Media files containing Windows Server 2012 R2 / Windows 8.1 Client Update on Volume License Service Center. This new media kit is recommended to be used for any future deployments since it contains all security fixes since RTM.
Updated ISO files can be obtained from following sources
- MSDN (For Evaluation)
- TECHNET (For Evaluation)
- Volume Licensing Service Center (Enterprise Deployment)
more details please visit
Also keep in mind that there’s a known issue with this update which affects a smaller number of customers with specific non-standard WSUS Configuration. if following conditions are true, you should not apply this update in your production environment
- WSUS 3.2 running on the following affected platforms: Windows Server 2003 SP2, or Windows Server 2003 R2 SP2, or Windows Server 2008 SP2, or Windows Server 2008 R2 SP1.
- HTTPS and Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) are enabled on the WSUS server
- TLS 1.2 is not enabled on the server
- The device running Windows 8.1 Update or Windows Server 2012 R2 Update or Windows Embedded 8.1 Industry Update, installed using media from MSDN or VLSC attempts to scan against the WSUS server.
For more details relating to this issue please visit http://support.microsoft.com/kb/2959977/en-gb