Microsoft recently released Azure Server Management Tools preview for web-based management tools for Windows Server 2016 Technical Preview running on-premises as well as in Azure.
Currently, Server Management Tools offer the following capabilities:
- View and change system configuration
- View performance across various resources and manage processes and services
- Manage devices attached to the server
- View event logs
- View the list of installed roles and features
- Use a PowerShell console to manage and automate
Having server management tools available in Azure gives me the flexibility to manage my on-premises Windows Server 2016 servers and also Azure Windows Server 2016 Servers using a single portal.
For more information, please visit official blog post from Microsoft
Next post I will talk about how we can install & configure Azure Server Management Tools.