Microsoft released evaluation bits for Windows Server 2016 and System Center 2016 during Ignite Conference in Atlanta on 27th September 2016. Having released evaluation bits, Microsoft made these two products generally available on 12th October, which added them to MSDN and also into Volume Licensing Service Center for Enterprise Customers.
Evaluation media can be downloaded from links below
Windows Server 2016: https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/evalcenter/evaluate-windows-server-2016?i=1
System Center 2016: https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/evalcenter/evaluate-system-center-2016
While there are many sessions at Ignite, which highlights capabilities presented within Windows Server 2016, feel free to have a look at some of the videos below as well.
- Software Defined Storage (S2D) is where Windows Server 2016 delivers impressive in-box capabilities: Cosmos Darwin presents the amazing Storage Spaces Direct: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=raeUiNtMk0E
- Ned Pyle shows how Storage Replica and Stretch Cluster create a complete Disaster Recovery solution: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lg0Jzaqti0g&
- Cluster OS Rolling Upgrade enables you to upgrade your cluster OS with minimum downtime. In this video, Rob Hindman demonstrates the upgrade process: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Sn9IbdGBCnM
- Kevin Farlee shows how SQL Server 2016 takes advantage of the new capabilities in Windows Server 2016: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E6ZFpc8hO8I
- Will Gries shows how to squeeze more out of the metal with Data Deduplication: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JWLLNEe6Gwc
- What’s new in High Availability for Remote Desktop Services? Christian Montoya showcases the new capabilities: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xi89A2b5b5w
- Software Defined Networking is a huge step forward in how you configure, manage and secure your network. Check out Greg Cusanza talking about the build in load balancer: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5q3sEQN4GSM
- Nano server install type is the cornerstone of our Software Defined Compute. Refaat Issa walks us through the Nano server installation: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OXg31-3hypM
- Want to take full usage of your GPU with the new Remote Desktop Services? Chris Huybregts recorded the following for you: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xi89A2b5b5w
- Last, the management tool to control them all. Kriti Jindal shows off the Server Management Tools: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d5ke-pQRNB4